Cattle: intramuscular and subcutaneous injection
Swine, sheep, goats and horses: intramuscular injection
Dogs, day-old chickens and day-old turkey poults: subcutaneous injection
(This product may be used in lactating dairy cattle, sheep and goats)
For treatment of respiratory infections in horses associated with Streptococcus zooepidemicus.
- Administer to horses by intramuscular injection at the dosage of 1.0 to 2.0 mg ceftiofur per pound (2.2 to 4.4 mg/kg) of body weight (2-4 mL reconstituted sterile solution per 100 lbs body weight).
- A maximum of 10 mL may be administered per injection site.
- Treatment should be repeated at 24-hour intervals, continued for 48 hours after clinical signs have disappeared and should not exceed 10 days.
For the treatment of canine urinary tract infections associated with Escherichia coli and Proteus mirabilis.
- Administer to dogs by subcutaneous injection at the dosage of 1.0 mg ceftiofur per pound (2.2 mg/kg) of body weight (0.1 mL reconstituted sterile solution per 5 lbs body weight).
- Treatment should be repeated at 24-hour intervals for 5-14 days.
- Reconstituted Ceftiofur Sodium Sterile Powder is to be administered to dogs by subcutaneous injection.
- No vial closure should be entered more than 20 times.
- Therefore, only the 1 gram vial is approved for use in dogs.