OneCup should be fed to all horses and ponies that require little in the way of traditional feeding stuffs to maintain condition ‘good doers’ , but will benefit from the addition of essential daily vitamins and minerals.
A 100gm (£0.30) measure of One Cup provides approximately ten times (10x) the level of vitamins and trace elements as most general equine feeds, such as pony nuts.
What are the key benefits of using OneCup for Horses?
- Provides 22 essential daily vitamins and minerals.
- Complements all chaffs, forages and basic feeds.
- Costs less than £0.30 per day to feed.
- No mess.
- No wastage.
- Consistency in every cup.
- Manufactured as very palatable and easily digested 3mm pellets; perfect for mixing with the horse’s normal feed.
- Quick and easy to feed.
What is the difference between OneCup for Horses and Equilibra 500 Feed Balancer?
OneCup for Horses is a convenient, no mess and no wastage way of providing essential vitamins and minerals to your horse or pony on a daily basis.
While Equilibra 500 + Omega 3 also does this, it has been formulated with digestive / overall health as the key benefit and, as such, provides the following additional benefits to the horse or pony:
- Yeast cultures to aid fibre digestion and create a beneficial environment for friendly bacteria in the hind gut.
- Natural antioxidants to maintain high levels in the blood and support long term health.
- Omega 3 fatty acids to support the natural anti-inflammatory action of the body and also maintaining insulin sensitivity.
- Prebiotics as nourishment for beneficial bacteria and aid the natural expulsion of antagonists from the digestive tract.
- Microscopic toxin binders to also aid the natural expulsion of antagonists from the body.
- Oat bran soluble fibres (beta-glucans) to help maintain an active immune system and support the natural self defence process to deal with antagonists that reach the blood system.
- The Oatinol™ Delivery System. A blend of galactolipid natural emsulsifiers, natural tocotrienol antioxidants, oat derived beta glucans and phospholipids, required to maintain gut cell integrity, maintain the lining of the gut, support the immune system and aid the absorption of nutricines, vitamins and trace elements.
Equilibra 500 Feed Balancer remains the key product in the GWF Nutrition Feeding Programme to establish digestive health and provide top performance from all horses or ponies.
â€‹Contains 22 Essential Daily Vitamins and Minerals
â€‹With every 100gm cup, OneCup provides all horses and ponies with the following vitamins and minerals:
1 – Vitamin A: 20000iu
Vitamin A is essential for healthy eyesight, a strong bone structure, good fertility and an active immune system. A daily intake of Vitamin A is crucial for life. Horses and ponies cannot exist without it.
2 – Vitamin D3: 2000iu
Vitamin D3 is essential for bone development by improving the uptake of calcium and phosphorus from feeding stuffs. Vitamin D is also important for the immune system, fertility and the release of insulin in the presence of glucose.
3 – Vitamin E: 160mg
â€‹Vitamin E is a biological antioxidant, vitamin E protects the membranes of every cell wall in the body and thus is essential for the health of reproductive, muscular, circulatory, nervous systems and immune functions in the metabolism.
â€‹4 – Vitamin K: 4mg
Vitamin K is essential for coagulation and blood-clotting. It is required to activate the blood-clotting proteins produced by the liver.
5 – Vitamin B1: 1mg
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) is essential for the action of the primary energy releasing system in the body; particularly energy from carbohydrates and glucose metabolism.
6 – Vitamin B2: 2.5mg
Vitamin B2 (Ribotlavin) is also essential for many of the enzymatic reactions involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins and important for the uptake of oxygen in the lungs.
7 – Vitamin B6: 22.5mg
Vitamin B6 is involved in the metabolism of food components, the incorporation of iron into the haemoglobin, the immune response to antagonists and protection against inflammation.â€‹
8 – Vitamin B12: 165mcg
Vitamin B12 is essential for the metabolism of protein to amino acids and the utilisation of these in the body. It is also involved in the production of red blood cells and the integrity of the nervous system.
9 – Biotin: 700mcg
Biotin is essential for the integrity of hoof and hair and the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. It is also important for the maintenance of normal blood glucose levels and the microbial production of the volatile fatty acid, proprionic acid, that helps to maintain condition in horses and ponies.
10 – Folic Acid: 3.3mg
Folic Acid is closely linked to cell division that happens during growth and development; hence its importance for pregnant animals.
11 – Nicotinic Acid: 12mg
Nicotinic Acid is an important trace element that is essential for the enzymatic processes involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
12 – Pantothenic Acid: 8mg
Pantothenic Acid is a constituent of two important co-enzymes involved in over 100 metabolic processes in the body. It is essential for growth and reproduction.
13 – Iron: 175mg
Iron is a component of haemoglobin in blood that is essential for the transport and storage of oxygen around the body. It is also needed for growth, healing and immunity.
14 – Iodine: 1mg
Iodine is essential for the production of thyroid hormones. A deficiency of these can cause lethargy, poor performance, tying up, a dry scaly coat and infertility.
15 – Cobalt: 1mg
Cobalt is essential if vitamin B12 is not added to the diet and the requirement is based on the supply from micro-organisms in the hind gut. A precursor to vitamin B12 and the functions it performs.
16 – Copper: 15mg
Copper is an essential component of enzymes involved in the production of elastin which gives elasticity to blood vessels so improving blood flow and enzymes that mobilize iron for red blood cells. Copper is also needed for the production of collagen in the body, which provides the framework for muscles, organs and connective tissues also helps maintain the mitochondria (the batteries of the cells).
17 – Copper Chelate: 55mg
A bio-available form of copper (as above).
18 – Manganese: 30mg
Manganese is essential for the production of chondroitin sulphate and its positive effect on connective tissues, like cartilage, which aids healthy movement. Manganese is also important for the utilisation of fats and carbohydrates for energy.
19 – Zinc: 90mg
Zinc is an essential component for the production of the enzymes responsible for insulin production, blood clotting, healing and hoof health.
20 – Zinc Chelate: 10mg
A bio-available form of zinc (as above).
21 – Selenium: 0.15mg
Selenium is an important antioxidant that works synergistically with vitamin E by being an essential component of the enzyme that changes the antagonists that can cause oxidative tissue damage to harmless substances.
22 – Selenium Yeast: 0.15mg
A bio-available for of selenium (as above).
- 16% Protein
- 6% Oils & Fats
- 10% Fibre
- 16% Ash
- 1% Lysine
- 0.25% Methionine
- 3% Calcium
- 1% Sodium
- 1% Phosphorus
- 0.5% Magnesium
- Micronized (sugar) Beet Pulp
- Hipro Soya (GM soya production)
- Magnesium Limestone Flour
- Soya Oil (GM soya production)
- Dicalcium Phosphate
- Cane (sugar) Molasses
- Vitamin & Mineral Premix
Binders / Anti-Caking Agents
- 4gms/kg E516 Calcium Sulphate
- 200000 iu/kg E672 Vitamin A
- 20000iu/kg E671 Vitamin D3
- 1600mg/kg Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol)
- 40mg/kg Vitamin K
- 10mg/kg Vitamin B1
- 25mg/kg Vitamin B2
- 225mg/kg Vitamin B6
- 1650mcg/kg Vitamin B12
- 7mg/kg Biotin
- 33mg/kg Folic Acid
- 120mg/kg Nicotinic Acid
- 80mg/kg Pantothenic Acid
- 1750mg/kg E1 Iron (ferrous sulphate monohydrate)
- 10mg/kg E2 Iodine (calcium iodate anhydrous)
- 10mg/kg E3 Cobalt (carbonate monohydrate)
- 150mg/kg E4 Copper (cupric sulphate pentahydrate)
- 550mg/kg 3b409 Copper (dicopperchloride trihydroxide)
- 300mg/kg E5 Manganese (manganous oxide & glycine chelate)
- 900mg/kg E6 Zinc: (zinc oxide)
- 100mg/kg 3b609 Zinc (zinc chloride hydroxide monohydrate)
- 1.5mg/kg E8 Selenium: (sodium selenite)
- 1.5mg/kg 3b8.10 Selenium (organic form of selenized yeast inactivated)
How to Feed
â€‹Simply mix with your horse or pony’s normal feed.
â€‹1 cup = 100gms. A cup is included in the pack.